School Improvement Plan
Glenelg High School's Vision and Mission
- Vision: Learning for Life: Developing tomorrow's leaders in a community that values scholarship, citizenship, and diversity.
- Mission: To work together as a community to achieve excellence in all we do.
HCPSS Vision and Mission
- Vision 2018: Every student is inspired to learn and empowered to excel.
- Mission: We cultivate a vibrant learning community that prepares students to thrive in a dynamic world.
- Students (Goal 1): Every student achieves academic excellence in an inspiring, engaging, and supportive environment.
- Staff (Goal 2): Every staff member is engaged, supported, and successful.
- Families and the Community (Goal 3): Families and the community are engaged and supported as partners in education.
- Organization (Goal 4): Schools are supported by world-class organizational practices.
Areas for Focused Improvement
- Rigor - AP performance and participation; FARMS and African American Honors/GT participation and performance; African American, Hispanic, Special Education, and FARMS SAT/ACT performance; SLO targets and assessments
- Performance - PARCC baseline
- Student Engagement - Gallup survey results, FARMS attendance, Fallon presentation
- Staff Engagment - Gallup survey results, Cultural Proficiency Cadre
Key Action Steps
Rigor Action Steps
- Support to first-time AP course and test takers
- Presentations to African American/FARMS students regarding Honors/GT courses
- Contact parents of African American, Hispanic, and FARMS students to encourage SAT participation and use
- Define how to assess standards
Performance Action Steps
- Align unit and lesson plans with standards for literacy and mathematics
Student Engagment Action Steps
- Discuss with staff and provide strategies to recognize, build strengths, and excite students about future
- Monitor FARMS attendance and contact parents
- Participation in sensitivity awareness assembly
Staff Engagment Action Steps
- Survey staff to find ways to improve staff engagement and implement strategies
- Provide incentives/recognition to staff
- Attendance at the Cultural Proficiency Cadre