- Teach the school community the print and digital information literacy and digital citizenship skills to become scholarly, ethical and critical consumers of information.
- Provide access to the highest quality print and multimedia resources, appropriate technologies and innovative instruction so all students may realize their potential and are confident, ethical, responsible and exemplary in their use of information.
- Promote school community members' collaboration opportunities, space and materials to design, invent and create their own learning, products and outcomes.
Speed Dating with Books Event Black History Month Books New Books Display
Some information below is suspended during the Coronavirus shutdown.
Hours: We are open 7:00am - 2:40pm or as late as 4pm or 5pm if the library media specialists can stay late. Check with us!
Check out policy: Students and staff may check out five items for two weeks and renew check-outs as needed.
Visits to the Library during class time: The library is an academic space with classes visiting all periods of the day, therefore unaccompanied students may come before school, during lunches, Glad Time, and after school to complete assignments and read.
See below for Contactless Check-Out of Print Books
Community, Student & Staff Resources
- Announcement Submissions: Staff enter your scrolling announcement slides! (Staff only GSuite) Community member? Please call 410-313-5528 for principal approval and/or view the HCPSS Announcements Policy.
- HCPSS Digital Tools Menu
- Library Reservations (3/14/20: Paused until schools reopen) (Staff only HCPSS.me>GSuite).
- When making a reservation, be sure to add your last name and subject/topic information. Only enter and delete your own reservations for up to five consecutive days.
- Media LCD Projectors - Connect Wirelessly!
- Remote Learning Resources: Brief Listing of HCPSS, HoCoLibrary & High quality web resources
- SAM - Student & Staff password reset HCPSS Instruction Tab link - Directions document (Non-HCPSS.me>GSuite, anyone can view)
- Technology repairs and troubleshooting:
- Tech Schedule - Chris Fox III visits weekly as needed/possible
- Enter repair tickets here: Tech Dept Web Help Desk: https://webhelpdesk.hcpss.org
- Enter your school AD login (your school computer login)
- Can only be completed while on the school network!! Especially include:
- Type of repair: Computer? A/V? Wifi? etc....
- Be specific about what is wrong
- Serial number, HCPSS Inventory Tag number, make & model
- Your room number
- Or call the Tech Dept x.7004 to have repair tickets entered
- Provide specific details, serial number, make, model, and the silver HCPSS Inventory tag number on the device